Yesterday the Scaffolding Association Queensland held it’s last General Meeting for 2018. We would like to thank all of our guest presenters and the members who attended, what a great morning packed full of interesting and relevant information about our industry!
Here’s an overview of what was discussed and presented at yesterday’s General Meeting:
- Fire Retardant Scaffolding Containment – Ben and Jurie from Uni-Span joined us to present their FR containment mesh, a very timely presentation considering the developments in our industry regarding this topic.
- Bracing within Temporary Works Structures – Richard Morrison from Layher joined us to present on this topic and WOW it was fantastic! What a great presentation Richard makes, he’s an excellent speaker and his presentation was really interesting and informative. Bracing is of crucial importance to any scaffolding structure so this topic was of great interest to all that attended.
- Chain of Responsibility, Heavy Vehicle National Law – Annette Alexander from the AI Group presented our members with information on the Chain of Responsibility that applies to the Heavy Vehicle National Law. There’s a lot to take in on this topic and it’s imperative that you know where you sit in the chain, what your responsibilities are and how you can control your risk. The AI Group is available to do training in your workplace should you want more information on this topic.
- Pedestrian Access Requirements for Temporary Stairs & Ramps – This was another great scaffolding related presentation from Joseph Lo Presti from SafeSmart Access. Joseph took us through the requirements for temporary stairs and ramps, the legislation that applies to these structures and much more!
- SAQ Media Kit and new membership classes – The Executive Committee of the SAQ took our members through the launch of our SAQ Media Kit as well as our new membership classes, Associate and Honorary Membership.
If you want to stay up to date on what’s happening in the scaffolding industry in Queensland, join us. If you want to get your product or service in front of the scaffolding industry in Queensland, contact us today to inquire about our advertising opportunities.